April 1st, 2020
BIG NEWS: I have extended the FREE SHIPPING SALE for the new Wondermark book by one additional day!
So you now have about 48 hours left to get your copy (if you haven’t already).
Some additional details about this book and this promotion:
• The book contains roughly Wondermark comics #567 through #1007, with a few additions from outside that range. In other words, it’s all the comics published from mid-November 2009 through mid-March 2014. And let me tell you, they all still hit like they are new. (Allegedly.)
• US and Canada orders are shipped by me personally, and I’m getting batches out about once a week. If you need a copy via faster means than “when I get to it”, you can also choose Expedited Shipping at checkout for a slight upcharge, and that’ll put you at the top of the queue AND I’ll use a faster shipping service..
• All other orders will be shipped from the warehouse in China. I will transmit all those orders in one batch at the end of the sale, and you will get a tracking number once your package ships! Transit time is estimated to be about 3-5 weeks to Europe and Australia, and 1-2 weeks to locations in Asia.
• There’s a clever spot gloss effect on the cover that isn’t visible in photos. It really has to be seen in person.
• I’m very glad to put this book into your hands, and I’m thrilled that folks seem to be liking it so far! If you’ve already read your copy, you can feel free to add your comments to Goodreads. (If you are a Goodreads Librarian, perhaps you can also assist me with updating the main book photo?)
• I’ve been talking about this book a lot lately because I’m real proud of it, folks. I don’t think I’ll be able to assemble another collection for quite some time. So this is a good one to get!
The free shipping sale goes through May 28 and then…ENDS FOREVER
Wondermark turned SEVENTEEN years old this past April, and the date passed without me noticing.
I’ve been extremely busy during this lockdown, juggling both full-time work and sharing childcare duties, so the days tend to blur together.
But I wanted to do SOMETHING a bit special to mark the occasion.
I’ve worked out a special deal with the warehouse in China that is storing copies of my latest book, FRIENDS YOU CAN RIDE ON.
They are moving to a new warehouse soon, and they want me to clear my inventory off their shelves as quickly as possible.
So, before they palletize my remaining books and ship them to the US, we have worked out a limited-time deal for economy shipping to the following countries:
UK • Ireland • Australia • New Zealand • Austria • Belgium • China / Taiwan / HK • Croatia • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Estonia • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hungary • Indonesia • Latvia • Lithuania • Luxembourg • Malta • Malaysia • Netherlands • Poland • Portugal • Slovakia • Slovenia • Sweden • Thailand
Orders to these places, of just this book alone (or multiple copies of it), will ship FOR FREE through May 27 only.
$30 USD gets you the book sent to anyplace listed above, via some kind of intercontinental train or something.
(USA and Canada orders will ship from me personally, but for the same limited time, I’ll honor the free shipping deal for those shipments too.)
The book also ships to other countries besides those listed above, but I can only offer free shipping to these places. Regular shipping prices apply elsewhere.
A small operation like mine offering free shipping to Europe or Australia – or even to Canada – is basically unheard of, and will not be repeated anytime soon, so please take advantage of this deal while you can!
After May 27, the warehouse packs up the remaining books in their possession, and they’re headed onto a boat.
(Note that the VERY BEST DEAL OF ALL on this book was had by the original Kickstarter backers. The book is more expensive now than it was in the Kickstarter, because it got much, much bigger in the making. This is basically the NEXT-BEST deal ever offered on this title.)
For worthwhile and obvious reasons, Emerald City Comic Con was cancelled this past week. (It’s been tentatively rescheduled for August.)
So, like many folks for whom that convention is a tentpole of their business year, I did all the usual prep for the show, but didn’t go to the show itself! No one did!
It was to be the first in-person opportunity for folks to get a copy of my latest book, the 300-page monstrosity Friends You Can Ride On:
Which I’m pleased to say is now complete, in stock, and taking up quite an impressive number of shelves in my studio. Each copy is safely nestled in plastic, waiting to be sent to its new home.
This book collects over 500 Wondermark comics (it’s three times as thick as my previous books), plus as per usual I’ve included dozens of pages of bonus and previously unpublished material.
As long as the post office is running, I’m still shipping. So please feel free to claim your own copy now!
For those who don’t want anything to come in the mail, I’ve also now made available:
For just a few bucks each (or more if you’re feeling generous), you can download all the Wondermark comic collections to date, to read on the digital device of your choice.
Or print out, I guess! Once you have the file, I can’t stop you! (Probably cheaper just to buy the printed editions, though.)
I’m also still shipping all these handsome pins.
• Washington Post has a great visualization of why staying home and away from people is vitally important right now.
• Twitter thread about why the time to do it is right now, even if you don’t feel sick.
• And now we check out the latest update from the world of sports:
Update: Not all sports are cancelled pic.twitter.com/VHmxFinflV
— Marty O (@martoo14) March 14, 2020